When the USPS changed its testing procedure, a lot of study guides became outdated. They weren’t always taken out of stores, though, so you need to be careful when making your choice.
A good study guide will give you all the information you need to prepare for the exam, while an outdated study guide will confuse you and most likely lead to failure. Not to talk about the waste of money!
That’s why we compiled this list of things to look out for when you’re choosing a postal exam 473 study guide.
What to look for in a postal exam 743 study guide
- Does it discuss the postal service’s new eCareer online application system?
- Is it specifically written for the postal test 473 E? If a guide also mentions exams 460, 470, 473, 473 C and 710, chances are it’s outdated. However, people often talk about the “postal exam 473” without mentioning the “E” when referring to the new exam, so it is possible a new guide will do that as well. Hell, this site even does it because it’s easier. Just make sure there is mention of “postal exam 473E” in the guide you’re thinking of buying.
- Was the guide published or after 2009? That’s when the USPS changed its examination process, so any guide published before that that hasn’t been updated will be outdated. Be careful, a simple reprint isn’t the same as an update.
- Does it have a postal exam 473 practice test that is adapted to the new format? The exam 473E is an electronic exam and while it’s perfectly fine to practice on paper, a good postal service exam study guide will inform you about time limits and will present the USPS test questions in the exact same way as you’ll find them on the actual exam.
- You might be looking for a study guide for USPS Exam 473E, but often these guides also talk about exam 955, which is the exam for technical maintenance jobs. If it does, that’s a good sign, because postal exam 955 is now the new collective exam for what used to be exams 931, 932 and 933.
Recommended postal exam 473 study guides
To make sure you start off right, we’ve personally selected the best guides out there right now. At the moment, there are only a few guides dedicated specifically to the newest 473 postal exam and up to date with the latest testing process. Although they aren’t perfect, these are the guides that cover the most ground and provide the most accurate information.
1. Pass the New Postal Test 473E Second Edition
This 473 postal exam study guide is our favorite USPS exam 473 study guide. It thoroughly describes the process of applying for the post office as well as the format of the exam and offers some practical tips on how to study for it. All this information is illustrated by accurate examples of test questions and not just one 473 postal exam practice test, but seven. Those who want to train taking the exam in an online environment, like on the real test, can do so through the links provided in the book.
Check it out
2. Postal Test 473E Speed-Study Guide
This postal service test 473 study guide is a condensed version of the ” Pass the New Postal Test 473E Second Edition” we put on number one. It contains the same information but laid out in a more to-the-point, concise way. Another difference is that it only contains three and not seven practice exams.
Check it out