Despite the current tense economic climate, the United States Postal Service is still the country’s second largest employer. In February 2015, it had over 600,000 people in service and more people are applying to join every day.
One of the reasons that working for the USPS is so popular is because almost everyone can apply. The requirements aren’t hard to fulfill and there are many different job types available, both full-time, part-time and temporary. Besides that, the pay is good and United States postal service jobs come with many benefits.
Are you interested already? I guess you are, otherwise you wouldn’t be checking out this site looking for information. Well, if you’re serious about joining the USPS, you should know that you will have to put some effort into it. Only about 20% of the postal service jobs are considered “corporate jobs” for which you need to apply and pass an interview like you would for any other regular job. For the other 80% of all postal service jobs, however, you first need to take an entry exam.
In 2009, the US post office job application process was completely renewed. Several of the old tests – specifically exams 460, 470, 473, 473 C and 710 – were taken together and bundled into one post office exam, which is known as the new postal exam 473 or, more correctly, the postal exam 473 E. Now, 2009 might be a while ago already, but there are still study guides and websites out there who refer to the no-longer-existing exams, so it’s important to be aware of this change in the US post office job application process and only pay attention to sources that explicitly mention the 473 E exam. We’ve already selected the good ones for you and made a list of the best postal exam 473 study guides.
The 473 exam is an exam for entry level jobs like mail processing clerk, city carrier, rural carrier, mail handler, sales representative, distribution associate and service provider.
This site will provide you with all the information you need to apply for, prepare for and pass the postal exam 473. It will also learn you a thing or two about the different postal jobs and the salary and benefits that come with them.